Detroit Public Schools Community District is committed to providing a rigorous, relevant and high-quality course of study for every student. The instructional program is designed to ensure that students graduate with the 21st century social and academic skills necessary for success in college, work and life.
The district’s high standards, rigorous curriculum and instructional programs are designed to be responsive to student needs. DPSCD also provides students with a marketplace of schools and programs that offer the best fit for their interests, including single-gender, arts and medical career paths and career technical education.
In partnership with families and our community, DPSCD exists to provide a comprehensive educational experience that is high quality, challenging, and inspires all students to make a positive contribution to society.
- Literacy: Curriculum and Instruction
- Career Pathways: Career Technical Education, Blended Learning, Arts
- Innovation: School Planning, School Grading, Capacity Building
- Family & Community: Accountability, Attendance & Promotion Policies
- Wrap Around Services: Climate/Culture
- Kids First