Career & Technical Education
CTE gives high school students the chance to start preparing for college and careers. CTE students will learn how core school subjects like math, science, and writing are used in real life. CTE students are able to participate in hand-on training and gain real world experience through job shadowing and internships. Many programs offer the opportunity to earn nationally recognized certifications, which assists in the students chosen pathway of college and/or careers.
We offer career and technical education at four career and technical schools—Breithaupt Career and Technical Center, Crockett Career and Technical Center, Golightly Career and Technical Center and Randolph Career and Technical Center but we also provide career and tech education at many of our schools.
The district offers our students programs in 13 different industry areas:
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
- Business Management & Administration
- Education & Training
- Government & Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
CTE students are introduced to a variety of careers, along with the requirements for entry, such as a high school diploma, professional certification, college degree or more. College options are also presented, and in most cases, CTE coursework can be translated into college credit.
CTE students receive college and career exploration through work-based learning, job shadowing, college & career fairs, conferences and competitions is also part of the CTE approach.
In order to ensure an optimal level of technical skill attainment for every CTE student, we provide:
- College and career transition opportunities for our students
- Integrated curriculum of applied academic instruction
- Training and instruction using the latest industry technology
- 2016–2017 Core Performance Indicator (CPI) Data
- 2010-2011 Career and Technical Education Programs Directory
- Your Path to Career Success Begins Here: DPS Career and Technical Centers
- Open the Door to Your Success: Nontraditional Career and Technical Training for High School Students
Work-Based Learning Forms
- Non-Paid Time Sheet
- Paid Time Sheet
- Training Agreement
- Training Plan
- Unpaid In-District Placement Agreement