Office of Community Schools
To work to connect students, parents, neighborhood stakeholders and organizations through intense collaboration so that the school serves as a hub of the community, offering wide variety of resources and programs.
Goals and Objectives for 2016–17
To raise student achievement through partnership.
- To engage the entire community to assure a coordinated system of services and resources are available to assist all DPS families.
- Mitigate against any risks by creatively and continuously seeking additional partners to meet the needs of students.
- Provide, train, monitor and support one (1) the Community School Coordinators
- Provide coordinated access to health and human services within the school setting.
- Provide strengths based, child centered and family focused services to families in schools, in home, and targeted local community
- Provide social services to students and families who are chronically absent, truant or suspended as well as working with families to help identify and develop plans for self-sufficiency and connect families to necessary services.
- Bring together many partners to offer a range of supports and opportunities to children, youth, families and communities