Students, staff, parents and community members are welcome to sponsor fundraising activities in schools or within the district to support and promote the needs of specific activities or initiatives. The District considers any activity aiming to solicit financial support or gather voluntary contributions of resources for a particular purpose or charity a fundraising activity.
- The school principal must approve all school fundraisers.
- Students may not engage in sales or solicit funds or anything of value for any purpose in any street, alley, or other public place or engage in house-to-house solicitation.
- The district has a suggested list of approved fundraising activities and an approved list of vendors.
- No employee or member of a sponsoring organization shall directly or indirectly profit from the fundraising activity.
- Fundraisers must be held before or after school, or on the weekends with prior approval from the principal. Fundraising activities are prohibited during instructional time.
Forms and Procedures
- All funds must be deposited in the school’s checking account and appropriate bookkeeping measures must be taken to record the source and expenditures of the funds.
- The Fundraising Activity form (Form A) must be signed by the school principal.
- The Fundraising Activity Profit and Loss Statement form (Form B) must include an accurate report regarding the funds raised and signatures from both the fundraising coordinator and the principal.
- Form A and Form B must be kept on file at the school. The Fundraising Office must receive a copy of each form for review and audit purposes within 10 days of the completed activity.