Student Dress Code Policy for All Students K-12
All students, including students exempted from the student dress code, are expected to exemplify proper grooming standards in a manner that projects an appropriate image for the student, school, and district.
Shirts shall be worn inside slacks with belts at all times by all students unless the shirts are designed to be worn outside of the slacks or the pants are designed to be worn without a belt.
The district shall not require specific brands of clothing. All clothing items must be of an approved color from the common color selections presented in this dress code policy.
Slacks and Pants
- Color: All slacks and pants must be a solid color: Khaki, navy blue, or black.
- Style: Slacks and pants can be pleated or flat front, full length, appropriately fastened at the waist.
- Material: Cotton, canvas, corduroy, linen, polyester, wool or fabric blends.
- Shirts and blouses must have button down or straight collars. turtlenecks and polo styles are permitted. All tops must be worn tucked inside pants, slacks or skirts.
- Color: All students shall wear white, blue, black, yellow or pink.
- Style: Long or short sleeves with a collar required. Turtlenecks and polo styles are permitted.
- Logos: Manufacture trademarks, if any, must be one inch or less. DPS school logos are permitted and are not limited in size.
Skirts and Jumpers/Skorts Grades K-12
- Color: Khaki, navy blue and black, in a solid, single color.
- Style: Skirts must be at least knee length.
Jackets, Cardigans, and Sweaters
- Color: Should match an accepted uniform color
- Style: All must be worn over a collared shirt, turtleneck or polo style top. Jackets for middle school and high school students cannot have hoods.
- Style: Athletic shoes, laced shoes and/or shoe boots, loafers, dress shoes, or other closed toes/closed heel shoes. Mules described as closed toes and open heel are appropriate. Students shall not wear house slipper, flip-flops, or any other type of footwear that could constitute a safety hazards. Students are also prohibited from wearing steel-toes boots or shoes to school.