Your Prescription for College and Career Success!
Benjamin Carson High School of Science and Medicine is a small, safe
school located in desirable midtown Detroit directly across from the Detroit
Medical Center that offers unique experiences for students interested
in science and medicine. We talk about an “8 year” college prep curriculum because the expectation is that students not only finish high school within four years but also advance to and graduate from a post-secondary institution. We also boast partnerships with the Detroit Medical Center, Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Quicken Loans’ Studio-Q, MSU’s Spartan Club and Wayne County Community College, along with other notable businesses and organizations. Students learn through work-based experiences, project-based learning, seminar/mentoring relationships with teachers, and small group study. College and medical campus tours, job shadowing, Future DOcs, and Future Nurses programs give students further opportunities to explore careers in science and medicine.
- 100% of seniors accepted into post secondary institutions
- Nearly a 100% graduation rate
- 100% of freshmen and sophomores in dual enrollment for college credit
- Over $5 million in scholarships awarded
- National Academy Foundation (NAF) Academy of Health Science 4-year pathway program
- Nursing programs that culminates in state certification
- Annual White Coat Ceremony