Carstens Academy of Aquatic Science, which offers a rigorous STEM-themed curriculum that promotes growth and achievement for each student, is the recipient of a $6 million school improvement grant.
We serve students in grades Pre-K to 8 on a campus that is uniquely situated to utilize the community’s many outdoor, natural waterfront resources to teach hands-on lessons. Our school also offers abundant extra-curricular activities, including basketball and cheerleading, yearbook, mentoring, anti-bullying programs and more! Carstens partners with programs such as Detroit Parents Network, Gift of Sight, Horatio Williams Foundation, STEM: Genius, The Marino Group, Chrysler UAW, Department of Human Services and more to meet the needs of students and their families.
- School Brochure
- Read Carstens at Remus Robinson’s School of the Week Feature: Mar. 25-29, 2013
- DPS Safe Routes to School Program
- Saturday STEM School
- After-School Extended Day/Year Program
- Sports: Basketball, Cheerleading
- InsideOut Literary Arts, Academic Games
- IDRA/Coca Cola (tutoring grant)
- Community Partnerships (Wayne County Parks and Recreation, Fifth Third Bank, Chrysler UAW)
- Volunteer Reading Corp
- Garden Club & Recycling
- Student Council
- Peer Mediation