Chrysler Elementary is a Pre-K to grade 5 application/examination school that challenges the minds of high achievers to set realistic goals that yield academic and social success. Chrysler students become life-long learners who strive for excellence in an environment that is resourceful and respected.
Chrysler Elementary is a “School of Journalism,” focusing on writing in all academic areas. Stories written by students who participated in the “InsideOut Literacy Arts Project” have been professionally published. All students experience a challenging learning environment, rich in technology, that will prepare them for higher learning. Partnerships include Quicken Loans, Second Baptist Church, Chrysler Corporation, Greektown Casino Hotel and St. John’s Presbyterian Church. Chrysler is adding the Detroit Public Montessori pathway, bringing Montessori’s time-tested, state-recognized instructional approach and rigorous, child-centered program to Chrysler families.
- DPS Common Application for Application Schools
- School Brochure
- Chrysler’s School of the Week Feature: June 1-5, 2015
- DPS Safe Routes to School Program
- NEW! Detroit Public Montessori Program — Early childhood (ages 4-6); PreK and K)
- Laptop Carts, Promethean Tables and Boards
- Detroit Public Library Bookmobile
- Success For All Reading Program
- Lego Robotics and STEAM Club, Scholastic Book Fair
- Healthy Kidz, Chess, and TutorMate Online Tutoring Program
- Reward School, National Chess Champions 2013 and 2014
- Music, Sports, Boy/Girl Scouts, Glee Club, and Newspaper
- Latchkey 7:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. & 3:25 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.