Samuel Gompers Elementary-Middle School is a PreK-8 school where math, science, technology, and the arts are a priority. Gompers, located in the Brightmoor neighborhood, boasts National Board Certified teachers and utilizes the Home-School-Community collaboration approach to ensure student success. By putting children first, we have created a safe haven where every child is given the opportunity to explore and develop his or her maximum potential. We invite parents to work with us as we achieve excellence in education and meet the needs of all children. Our curriculum is enhanced by an abundance of extra-curricular activities, including art, music, robotics and more!
- Complete Wrap Around Programs and Services
- DHS, Development Centers and Community Coordinator Partnerships, and a School Nurse
- Literacy and Mathematics Specialists and MSU Internship Program
- Girls and Boys Basketball, K-2 Soccer, K-2 Flag Football, Track, Cheerleading, Art, Music, Chess Club, Robotics, Science Projects, DAPCEP
- Junior National Honor Society, Gompers Gentlemen and Young Ladies of Promise
- Library/Media Center, Two Computer Lab, Mini Computer Centers in each Classroom, Physical Education
- After-School Tutoring/Extended Day Program, Academic Games, Bridge Building, Center for Creative Studies After Art Program, Academic Round Table, Sphinx Violin Program, World in Motion, Trips to New York, Washington D.C. and YMCA Leadership Camp