Henderson Academy, a PreK-8 school, is dedicated to creating a center of excellence with the expectation that all students can and will learn. We believe that in order to create a strong foundation we must see ourselves as change agents. Our teachers dive deep into data in order to differentiate instruction, and our parents are active participants in monitoring their child’s education by building professional learning communities to be successful at each grade level and beyond.
- Detroit Area Pre-College Engineering Program, Go Green Environmental Program
- Cheerleading, Basketball, Baseball, Physical Education
- Male and Female Mentorship, Mom and Daughter Empowerment
- AP Corner, Student Council
- Project Seed, Glory Math, LitWorld, Special Needs Programs
- Computer Labs, Netbooks, STEM Activities, Special Olympics
- Positive Behavior Intervention System, Response to Intervention, Reading Recovery